Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Sleds and Santa SNEAK PEEK!

It's summer now, but we're busy prepping all of our big holiday releases. We'll be shipping our "famous" holiday shipment to needlework shops around the world on Wed., August 12. It will include the 2 Snippets below, the Snippet previewed in our previous blog post (S123 I Can Drive a Stick Snippet), and MORE goodies.

Stay tuned for all the sneak peek photos for our holiday release in upcoming blog posts!


MORE LITTLE SLEDS sliding your way SOON!  We've been getting requests for MORE little sled designs since we rolled our first batch out last fall.


I used the classic "Night Before Christmas" poem as my inspiration and captured 3 little scenes from the Christmas Eve classic. All 3 are included in one little leaflet S121 Night Before Christmas Sleds Snippet. We've also included little embellishments for each sled...tiny red button, antique gold star and white snowflake button.

Left - "Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse"
Center - "The stockings were hung by the chimney with care"
Right - "Down the chimney St. Nicholas came with a bound"


Every year we also do a Snippet Santa, and Santa '15 is also flying your way soon! Every year I sit in front of my sketchbook and wonder..."what in the world is Santa going to do this year?"

This year I was inspired by the sheer joy and exuberance of the holidays and decided on a "Celebrate" theme! Santa is throwing his hands in the air, and classic Christmas motifs are all around him. For some reason, I had the BEST time stitching this little model. He's so crisp and folk-art-ish...I love this little Santa!


I requested something different from my finisher, Mona, and we decided on a holiday pocket. Then I got to my photographer - in my middle of my chaotic house move - and realized I didn't bring any toys/goodies to peek out from the stocking. 

We thrashed about the photography studio looking for small sized treasures until we discovered some (stale) Christmas candy. You can put WHATEVER you want in your little Santa pocket, or finish him anyway your holiday heart desires. No, we didn't eat any candy - not even tempted with this suspiciously old candy!

S122 Celebrate! Santa '15 Snippet 


In case you're wondering, the little sleds we did last year are pictured below - S116 Sled Dudes Snippet. They will coordinate color-wise with this year's batch of bitty sleds. We stitched our models on perforated paper, then just trim and attach to sled ornaments - quick, easy, wonderfully cute!


The little sleds look great on your tree, or make super gift toppers and special little gifts. You can finish one sled in an afternoon or evening...quick and fun!

Check back next week for more SNEAK PEEK previews!




3 comments:

  1. I can't wait! The little sleds are just adorable...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! Can't wait to stitch them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Night Before Christmas theme sleds! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete